Monday, August 3, 2015

Aviation as a Physical Challenge (in a good way)

Wow, its been YEARS since I posted to this blog!
A commenter reminder me that I have it!  (And the earlier incarnation, too).

So, here's a recap of my FB post of 8/2/15:

It came clear to me once again today that in aviation I push my body's performance capacity and that pleases me.

Obviously aviation is very much intellectual work, but one's body has to be in reasonable shape to support the mental work and to do the physical part of the work.

I do not think I will ever be able to run or bike marathons like friends I admire like Janelle, Greg, Robin, Otto, etc.!  But in aviation I am able to work with my body to get it to do tough work for me; can push it outside its usual endurance envelope, safely.

In other words, aviation is the only scenario in which I can successfully push my body. I do mildish exercise quite a lot but hard to push myself there.

I love flying so much and flying is so hard it is a great opportunity for honing in on performance; niggling digestive or other twinges can and are overcome and I get 'er done!

Blessed to have this opportunity, and aim to keep up my health enough so I can keep doing this!!



[Here's me with a 180 BHP C172 at the AACIT (Caltech/JPL Flying Club) in which I just got checked out]

No comments:

Post a Comment